Federal Skilled Worker Program & Federal Skilled Trades Program
Immigration Consultant in Vancouver, BC
The Canada Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades Program are intended for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently, making this a desirable pathway. To qualify for these programs, you need to first qualify for the Express Entry pool by meeting the minimum number of points based on your age, education, work experience, whether you have a valid job offer, English and/or French language skills, and adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle in Canada).
Once you are in the Express Entry pool, competition is fierce as you will be ranked against other applicants from all over the world. Draws are held on a regular basis and applicants who meet the minimum number of points will receive the Invitation to Apply (ITA), wherein the applicant has 90 days to submit the full application. The minimum number of points required is not fixed but over the years, the threshold has increased. This means that Canada is releasing ITAs to those who have the "best" profiles and are considered to have the highest potential to contribute to the economy of Canada in return.
- Common-law, spouses and dependent children under the age of 19 (on date of application) are eligible to be included in the application
- Settle directly as a permanent resident and have access to various Canadian social and welfare programs just like any other Canadian (except for the ability to vote)
- Access to universal health care for you and your family
- Free schooling for dependents up to Grade 12
- Free to settle in any Province
- Unrestricted job and/or business opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for Canadian citizenship after fulfilling 3 out of 5 years as a permanent resident
- Skilled work experience - managerial jobs, professional jobs, technical jobs and skilled trades in the last 10 years
- Language ability in English or French - minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for writing, reading, listening and speaking within the last 2 years
- Education - Canadian education and/or foreign education (must have completed an Education Credentials Assessment)
- Proof of Funds - show have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada (unless you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer or if able to work legally in Canada)
- Admissibility - you must not have serious medical issues or a criminal record
The first step is to find out if you are eligible for this immigration program by getting assessed for free. We have the knowledge and experience on how best to navigate this complex process and maximize your chances of success. Click on the Assessment Form today!