Spousal Open Work Permit Program Canada
Vancouver Immigration Consultant
For students that are married or in a common-law relationship, the spousal open work permit allows the spouse of the student to accompany them and work while they are studying full time or working under a post-graduation work permit.
- The biggest advantage is that it allows the spouse to work in Canada and gain valuable Canadian work experience that may lead to permanent residency;
- Allows the spouse to work and earn in Canada without any limitations on hours or ties to a specific employer.
Minimum Requirements for Spouses
If the Applicant wishes to accompany someone who is studying in Canada:
- Their spouse or partner must hold a valid study permit;
- Their spouse or partner must be a full-time student;
- Their spouse or partner must be studying at designated learning institution that offers post-graduation work permit;
- If the Applicant wishes to accompany someone who is working in Canada with a post-graduation work permit:
- Their spouse or partner must be on a valid work permit; and,
- Their spouse or partner must be working in a skilled position
Start the process today and fill out our Assessment Form here, to see if you are eligible for the Spousal Open Work Permit Program.